วันอาทิตย์ที่ 25 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2555

Owner built log cabin II

Owner built log cabin II Video Clips. Duration : 3.05 Mins.


This is one of the few spots that I can build a log cabin on the upper section of this land so it seems like a challenge to me. As you may have noticed from the video, this is a one man construction project, hence the size of the log cabin but it's nice that I get to make all of the creative decisions on the cabin design;) Though, the downfall of that being that I can really only move upto a certain sized log by myself, and if anything is to be carried up to the cabin (it's quite a hike up the mountainside) It's on my back. So far I've put about 13 weekends into this cabin as well as 0 in spikes, rebar, nails, morter and plumbing parts as well as 9 trees and about 17 sapplings and a burned out old cedar stump (used for the shake roof). What's interesting is that it's actually quite therapeutic for me to just be out in the forest working on this log cabin project. I tend to find myself feeling very refreshed after a weekend of doing this sort of thing, I think maybe that I like the creative outlet that this project provides to me, dunno for sure. Though I have to admit that there are times when I really think that building a log cabin is a challenge to anyones limits of perserverance. So since it's snowing now at this elevation and it's really hard to work with frozen logs and cold fingers, I've decided to stop working untill things warm up a bit. I guess I'll just go back to my regular therapist until then.

Keywords:

Related : Finishing Products Measurement Guide

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น